Monday, March 28, 2011

Farming While Pregnant

I think this should be forbidden! LOL  This is a fairly new experience for me because I somehow got out of everything when pregnant with Emily.  How different people think when you are on your second calf.  It is funny that now-a-days people think it is a sin to move or basically do any manual labor while pregnant when not too many years ago women would work in the fields right up to when that kid popped out.  The past few weeks we have been really busy...cleaning up after a storm, having lambs and mending fences.  There was a point after walking up a hill for maybe the millionth time with a 2 year old tagging along that I thought, do people really do this anymore?  I would venture a guess and say there are very few of us.

1 comment:

  1. My mom said after she had me, they had to pull a calf, and she felt like she could feel all those contractions over again! Farm women are tough gals.

    www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete