Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New Additions

This past week Hank went up to Morehead State University and bought five little pigs.  We had been discussing further diversification of the farm and he finally talked me into hogs.  Why did I give in so easy?  I have no clue but here we go.  Sheep, cattle and now hogs.  We actually bought four while Emily bought one for herself using her egg money.  We are already trying to teach her how to manage animals as well as money and if we are really lucky her savings account will be big enough that when she is ready she will be about to buy her first car, pay for college and maybe a good down payment on her first home! LOL  Well one can dream right?  So when Hank came home with the pigs we asked Emily which one she wanted and sure enough the child picked the best one of the bunch...a nice black Hampshire that she promptly named Pinkie.




Now those are some pigs....well I think they are nice even though I wasn't too sure about them to begin with.

1 comment:

  1. That is really awesome that you are teaching your daughter responsibility for both livestock and money at such an early. My livestock and a part-time job paid for my first car and college, she'll get there too!
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete